Nativity of Mary values its Catholic identity. The faith journeys of all our students, faculty, and staff are respected. Students’ faith is enriched and nourished through a comprehensive program that includes weekly participation in an all-school Mass, religion classes and full support from the three Bloomington parishes: Nativity of Mary, St. Bonaventure and Church of St. Edward’s.
Faith & Service
Catholic Social Teachings: Our reason to serve
Catholic Social Teachings
Nativity students and their families participate in service not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we are called to a greater purpose of service. From serving those in need, to partnering with our community, service experiences are intertwined with the education of our students. Each year, classes, students, teachers, families, and our Student Leadership Team embark on making a difference and living out the Catholic Social Teachings of our faith. Serving is truly a part of the Nativity difference.
Nativity Student Leadership Team
The Nativity Student Leadership Team is a group of Nativity Middle School students who volunteer their time as leaders in our school. As part of this team, they plan and coordinate multiple service projects throughout the school year. The students, as well as our teachers, set the pace for service with the heart of Nativity.
Some typical annual service projects:
- Serving the residents of the “Summer House” – assisted living facility
- Partnering with the homebound and programs like “Meals on Wheels”
- Creating fleece blankets for children at St. Joseph’s Home for Children & Mary’s Place/Sharing & Caring Hands
- Donating food and clean water to VEAP and other national programs
- Creating artwork for The Butterfly Project hosted by the Holocaust Museum
- Making sandwiches for the homeless in the Twin Cities area through 363 Days
- Volunteering at “Feed My Starving Children”
- Raising dollars to support various causes
- Collecting coats and winter items for the homeless
- Creating take home baskets for Mass attendees
- Raking and serving our community through clean up projects
- Pennies for Patients